Reynolds Community College knows that students' educational and career goals are important and Student Support Services can help them address any hurdles that can occur along their journey. Student Support Services connects students with resources and support to help them overcome emergencies so that their goal of graduation is not derailed.
The Student Support Services team connects students with a variety of free and comprehensive social services and community resources so they can stay focused on their academic goals. These resources and support include:
- Benefits Screening - Learn whether you qualify for federal and state benefits, such as food and nutrition programs (SNAP, WIC), health insurance (Medicaid), cash, utilities, and more. You can also get assistance in applying for these benefits.
- Tax Preparation - Get help maximizing your tax credits and refund while filing your taxes for free.
- Health Care Enrollment - Explore health care insurance options and receive help with enrolling or renewing your coverage.
- Financial Education - Achieve your financial goals with guidance in budgeting and debt management.
- Community Resource Referrals - Get connected to community resources and agencies who can help you with your barriers or challenges. Areas include healthcare, food access, utility assistance, and more.
Students interested in learning about their eligibility for these benefits and resources can complete a profile using the online Single Stop self-screening tool. Once a profile has been created, a staff member will reach out to review the results and help determine the assistance you could receive at no cost.
Single Stop Screener Tool
Student Support Services uses a screening tool called Single Stop, which is a short, easy-to-use benefits screener and referral database to engage students about their potential eligibility for benefits and to refer them to organizations that can help them apply for those benefits.
Students can complete this quick screening online and then meet with Single Stop staff for assistance with finding local resources and supports. Single Stop will screen for services such as health coverage, food, housing and more.
Complete the Single Stop benefit screener here. Once the profile has been created, a staff member will reach out to review the results and help determine the assistance you could receive at no cost.
Special Guidance for Virtual Student Support Services
For students seeking assistance with wrap-around support services, you may receive services by one of the following ways:
Complete the Single Stop assessment at this link. Once you complete the assessment, a Student Support Services staff member will reach out to you within 24 business hours of completion of the assessment.
- email: For general information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond to your email within 24 business hours from the time of your email.
- phone: For general information, call the Student Support Services number at 804-523-5005 and leave a message. You will receive a response within 24 business hours from the time of your message.
- For current students, you can set up a phone appointment or virtual appointment via Zoom by going into Navigate and requesting an appointment with a Student Support Services staff member following the guidance below:
- Click on "Appointment" on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on "Select an Appointment."
- Select "Student Support Services" versus "Advising" when selecting the type of appointment.
- Select "Single Stop Assessment" as the service you are seeking for this appointment.
- Select the location that is most convenient for you (Please select Phone or Virtual as your location).
- Select the staff member available at that location. Select a day/time that works for you and save the appointment.
- If you do not see an available appointment with your advisor, please call 804-523-5005 for assistance.